Friday, June 10, 2011

Changing times require changing methods

Recently with all the changes in Google Feed requirements, UPI's,MPN's and brands, It continually has me retinking my position in intenet sales. A couple of weeks ago we set up independant web stores at Weebly.com which can be accessed via our main domain at www.rsalesonline.com at EPIS which is my Hub for all our venues.The new store are the ones that say My Store.

I figure that if Google Products is the most searched search engine world wide, I needed to position my self to gain the best advantage I can in placement. Therefore by running my own site, I can pick my own Categories which is a big thing since most all my items are Collectibles, The majority are older items out of production,Even my trains are1970 & 80 stock.

We now have a Christian Music and Book store and a Toys & Collectibles Store and finally a Clothing store all stand alone, These are not duplication of stock in my Addoway storefronts, I refuse to try and keep up with multiple stock in multiple stores, That's just nuts, JMHO.

I seem to be addicted to putting more work on myself than I can handle, But as I have said before, If your not changing with the times, Then you slowly fading away, How many B&M shops have gone out of business because they refused to see changes and made the necessary adjustments to avoid going broke. Most of us don't have to worry about going broke hopefully. I do have to be concern with creating the best sale venues we can with what God has given me to work with.

I am blessed with an abundance of inventory which we accumulated over the past 10 years (Hence aka Shopaholic) But after watching these folk on Hoarder, We are not buying anything right now, I have folks comming to me all the time wanting me to sell stuff for them, My answer is always the same, Sorry, But I have way to much stuff already that is still boxed, Taking on more stuff would be nuts, My son once ask me why I didn't just open a B&M store, Why should I take on that headache, Here if i decided tomorrow to throw in the towel I could, With a shop I could not do that. If you have ever run a B&M you know it's not all fun and games. Enough said for now, God Bless and wishing everyone Prosperity and Good health, Always Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment